Typical module specifications
- Transportable module – suspended 100mm concrete slab and 22mm H3.1 strandfloor on timber sub flooring framing with 60mm expol underfloor insulation.
Site built option
- Concrete slab on ground – fully insulated maxraft polystyrene pod system with integral slab edge insulation.
- Decking – 140 x 19 Garapa hardwood stainless steel screw fixed or Outdure 140 x 25 recycled composite desk with a concealed clip system.
- NZ pine 140mm H1.2 SG8 grade framing – FSC certified sustainably harvested.
- Thermal walls – firth 20 series charcoal stackbond masonry block, solid filled, honed finish.
Beams and posts
- NZ pine engineered Gluelam FSC certified – light weight, strong & efficient use of our sustainable wood resource. Stain finish. FSC certified.
- Vertical Shiplap BS Cedar on 40mm Pine cavity battens.
- NZ Macrocarpa, NZ cedar or elements NZ Pine – Bevel Back Weatherboard on a 20mm drained cavity – board and batten on a 20mm drained cavity.
- NZ Beech, Siberian Larch, Bevel Back Weatherboard
- NZ pine plywood texture finish plywood sheet or firth NZ concrete masonry 100mm veneer.
- Rib profile flat pan metal roofing Endura Colorsteel finish in light colors to minimise summer overheating.
- Asphalt shingles on 15mm plywood underlay.
- Long run corrugated iron or profile metal roofing.
Soffit and spouting
- Ecoply grooved soffit with endura colorsteel spouting.
- 2100 high to 2500 high aluminium double glazed, Foam sealed in place. NZ pine painted liners.
- Low e glazing, NZ Maple beech liners.
- Note: Toughened safety glass on all glazing below 1m in height, secure locks and catches on all ground floor windows and doors.
Paints, adhesives, oils and stains
- Non toxic low voc rated adhesives used.
- Non toxic resene low voc paint systems. Resene cool colors for dark colors on external wall claddings, non toxic oils and stains – Drydens wood oil or Natural House CO clear oils and stains.
- 140mm Mamoth R2.8. NZ made using 85% recycled plastic. Earth wool as standard/entry, Terralana Wool (HBL).
- 225mm Mamoth R3.6, Terralana Wool (HBL).
- Under concrete slab – Maxraft 150mm thick polysytyrene pod system R3.5
- Under ACC concrete floor – Expol 60mm black EPS R1.8
- To concrete slab only – Maxraft 60mm polystyrene insulation.
- Egger OS brace rap sheets as underlay and bracing.
- Magnum board, Forever Breath System by *Health Based Living.
- 10mm Magnum board sheets to bedrooms and cupboards.
- IBS Paneline MDF grooved sheets – Painted. No toxic glues.
- Gib board.
- NZ macrocarpa or cedar vertical Tongue and Groove. NZ Beech.
- * Forever Breath Magnum – board (BHL) lining to all walls and ceilings under the hard linings to prevent air leakage and increase thermal comfort.
- 10mm birch ply sheets to raking ceilings, 13mm Mangnum board sheet to flat ceilings. Gib board.
- NZ pine – paint finish.
- NZ Macrocarpa – Oil finish.
Paints and stains
- Low voc paint systems and non toxic oils – Resene Enviropaints range, cool colors for dark colors on external wall claddings, non toxic oils and stains – Drydens wood oil or Natural House CO clear oils and stains.
Overheight 2100 high x 860 wide minimum for improved passive heat transfer and to exceed accessible requirements – easy use lever handles fitted to all doors – glazed sliding wall panels to selected rooms for light transfer.
- Wood plank effect vinyl strip laminate.
- NZ wool carpet – Environmental choice approved.
- Exposed concrete floor areas – ground and sealed finish.
- Cork tile, Wood plank effect ceramic tile, Wood plank veneer.
- Melteca laminate as selected, 20mm engineered stone tops.
- Organic waste – 10 litre dual bin system for food waste in kitchen cabinetry.
- Self closing doors.
- Large pantry and pull out pantry.
- Twin sinks.
- Super quiet extractor fan.
- Over height windows with high – low sash arrangement for natural cross ventilation.
- Clothes drier and rangehood vented to exterior.
- Automatic extract fans in bathrooms vented to exterior.
- Automatic sensor controlled activators to selected sashs.
- High efficiency Bosca Limit wood burning fire in living room.
- Central Heating NZ Hot water radiators and boiler.
- Solar thermal storage in the concrete floor slab.
- Hydronic radiant floor slab system – 300 litre SS HWC stores water heated by air to water heat pump. Heat pump also heats all domestic hot water
- Lighting – LED long life low energy use fittings.
- Future proof smart house wiring.
- Appliances – Bosch brush stainless, minimum 4 star rated low energy use.
- Solar photovoltaic PV 2.0KW panel system – Grid connected. Option of 3.0 – 5.0KW systems if required.
- Outdoor lighting fitted with integrated daylight and motion sensor controls.
- All NZ made Methven tapware, low flow shower roses and controlled flush WC cisterns. Over flows fitted to all basins.
- Dishwasher rated for minimum water usage.
Rainwater harvesting option
- Rural site, rainwater storage – 2 x 25000 litre buried concrete tank with stainless steel submersible pump to supply toilets, bath, shower and laundry.
- Urban site, rainwater storage – 1 x 10000 litre buried concrete tank with stainless steel submersible pump to supply toilets, bath, shower and laundry.
- 250 litre solar ready electric HWC.
- Raxi boiler, by Central Heating NZ
- Ecospring 300 litre external heat pump HWC.
- Urban site – discharged to council sewer mains.
- Rural site – discharged to aerated Eco waste water treatment system.
Grey water recycling
- Greywater collected in Ecoplus recycling unit and distributed to gardens for irrigation.
- Hard wired smoke detectors within 3m of all sleeping spaces.
- Viking domestic sprinkler system in all rooms
- External composting system – worm farm container.
- Clothes Line – rotary line plus covered clothes drying area at rear of house.
- 70% of land area vegetated with native plants – 70% of site area permeable and designed to deal with stormwater runoff.
- Permeable pavers or natural pebble paving in recycled PVC mat system.
- Min 3m2 vegetable garden and four fruit trees planted.